How To Keep Nuisance Wildlife Away From Your Elkton Property
February 15, 2022 - Wildlife
While you might only think of insects or small rodents as pests in Elkton, many wildlife species can also cause concerns. While these pests might not be quite as likely to get into buildings, they often cause problems around your yard, and they can sometimes make their way indoors if the right conditions present themselves. Wildlife in Elkton can cause property damage and also pose health risks, so it’s vital to know about wildlife control to prevent these pests.
The Types Of Wildlife That Invade Elkton Properties
There are many different wildlife species in the area that can cause issues. These include squirrels, mice, rats, bats, raccoons, and birds.
Squirrels are rodents, but they usually live outdoors. They have big, bushy tails. Raccoons get into trash or try to nest inside buildings. Then, there are pest birds and bats that will sometimes roost under eaves of rooflines and can occasionally get into buildings and live in attics or outbuildings.
Are Wildlife Infestations Common For Elkton Properties?
It really depends on the type of wildlife. Some, like rodents, are rather prevalent. Mice and rats are some of the most common pests in Elkton. Other species like squirrels are also quite widespread, although they are less likely to cause ongoing problems. Some other wildlife species, such as raccoons and bats, are less likely to get into your home or business, but they aren’t rare either.
But, while wildlife infestations don’t happen all of the time, when they do, they can be extremely difficult to deal with, which is why effective wildlife control is so vital.
Natural Ways To Deter Wildlife From Your Elkton Property
Overall, the best way to keep wildlife away from your property is to address the factors that attract them in the first place. You can reduce or eliminate factors such as excess humidity or access to food. Here are a few specific wildlife prevention tips to follow:
- Remove standing water and make sure that rain can drain properly from your gutters. Inside your home or business, make sure to fix leaky plumbing and use dehumidifiers.
- Clean up rotten and fallen fruits and vegetables. Also, clean up yard debris like leaf litter and woodpiles.
- Cover all garbage cans with lids and regularly take out the trash.
- Make it more difficult for wildlife to find their way inside by sealing up holes in the walls and foundation, covering chimneys and vents, and repairing broken screens in doors and windows.
- Store pet food indoors and remove bird feeders.
- Seek out professional pest control services for more assistance and advice.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Wildlife On Your Elkton Property
If you want to prevent wildlife or need wildlife species removed from your property, contact the professionals at Abracadabra Pest Solutions. We offer ongoing wildlife control services that you can rely on. We will work with you to develop a treatment plan, and our ongoing pest control services will keep wildlife problems in the past. Just contact us today to learn more or request an appointment.